I follow suggestions on 2.8.2 very slow to launch on OS X 10.6.8 on GIMP on OS X suggest to turn off network. It does help to speed up GIMP but LibreOffice.
Turn Off Gatekeeper for First-Time Launch
After reinstall them several times, it seems you have to Allow applications downloaded from “Anywhere” in Security & Privacy for first-time launch. No need to disable network. Fix the “App can’t be opened because it is from an unidentified developer” Error in Mac OS X on OSX Daily provides a step-by-step instruction.
After launching successfully, you may switch back to “Mac App Store and identified developers” to keep you safe. They will be fine.
These applications can’t be opened because they are from an unidentified developer. But even choose to ignore warning, I still cannot launch them. Sometimes, they just stuck on verifying without any warning dialog. It is very confusing.
- GIMP on OS X: 2.8.2 very slow to launch on OS X 10.6.8
- OSX Daily: Bypass Gatekeeper in OS X Mavericks with Security Preferences
- OSX Daily: Fix the “App can’t be opened because it is from an unidentified developer” Error in Mac OS X
- Wiki: Mac Mini: 4 Unibody Mac Mini
- Wiki: OS X: 5.12 Version 10.10: “Yosemite”