In Asustor AS-602T as a ZurmoCRM Application Server Performance Report, ADM provides better support for ZurmoCRM than QTS platform. In firmware 2.1, it has Alternative PHP Cache, Memcache, memcached, and optional PHP 5.5.3 R2.
Processor, RAM, and Linux Difference
While N2560 is based on Intel SoC CE5335, AS-602T and QNAP TS-269L both use Intel Atom D2701 running at 2.13GHz, QNAP TS-119PII is Marvell 88F6281 at 2.0GHz, and Shuttle X50V2 is Intel Atom D510 at 1.6GHz.
CE5335, D2701, and D510 all have 2 cores with 4 threads but CE5335 has 512KB cache while others has 4 times the cache (1MB vs 256KB) compares to 88F6281. D2701 (36-bit physical address) and D510 have 64-bit instruction set while CE5335 (32-bit physical address) and 88F6281 is 32-bit. QNAP TS-269L should be able to run 64-bit operating system even the current QTS is still 32-bit.
[root@N2560 ~]# uname -a Linux N2560 2.6.39-1.ce17.fc16.i686 #1 SMP PREEMPT Thu Feb 13 11:03:52 CST 2014 i686 i686 i386 GNU/Linux
RAM is not expandable and fix to 2GB. But it is still much better than most consumer NAS in the market, you may see improvements on disk sensitive operation and may run more applications without out of memory at the same time.
I connect NAS to computer directly. Then install or upload ZurmoCRM and setup with build-in demo data. Shuttle X50V2 is setup with ISO image from TurnKey Linux: Zurmo. Then use Firefox to list all contacts. There are 28 contact records provided from ZurmoCRM demo data.
To satisfy requirement, I also manually edit Qthhttpd.sh in QTS, and php.ini in Debian and ADM to increase memory_limit from 128M to 256M. Please reference Asustor ADM Configuration and Executable Files, QNAP QTS Configuration and Executable Files, and TurnKey Linux Configuration and Executable Files to find the path. I have to manually edit php.ini and my.cnf on ThecusOS. Please refer to Prerequisite Before you Install ZurmoCRM on Thecus NAS running ThecusOS 6 for detail.
All unnecessary background process and programs are disabled.
With the right cache system required by Zurmo, it may improve performance.
Alternative PHP Cache helps to execute faster by caching compiled codes and eliminating the overhead of compiling the same code again. It is supported on certain ADM but not supported on QTS or TurnKey Linux.
Memcache and memcached together help to cache database result and lower database loading in LAMP. It is supported on Thecus Apache_18.104.22.168_x86.mod and certain ADM but not supported on QTS nor TurnKey Linux.
N2560 is configured with following disk set.
According to my MTU test, I keep it to use default 1500.
I measure time to load 1 and 5 contacts in a single login session. The 5 contacts are loaded in different tabs in the same Firefox. Therefore, it use only one thread and won’t begin to load the next until finish. If you are confused or interested in the relationship of LAMP, thread, multi-core processor, hyper-threading, How Multi-Core Processors Accelerate your LAMP Applications provides detail explain in plain English.
The Thecus N2560 with optional modules are really fast. It makes sense to upgrade your LAMP to the latest version. If APCu is available in PHP 5.5.x, it may provide partial backward compatibility (only user cache) with Alternative PHP Cache.
- Asustor ADM Configuration and Executable Files
- Asustor AS-602T as a ZurmoCRM Application Server Performance Report
- Asustor: ADM
- Asustor: AS-602T
- Connect NAS to your Computer Directly
- How Multi-Core Processors Accelerate your LAMP Applications
- Intel Newsroom: Intel Launches System-on-Chip Storage Solution Designed for Simple Video Transcoding and Streaming
- Intel: New Storage Solutions Based on the Intel® Atom™ Processor CE5300 Series Simplifies HD Content Sharing and Delivery Between Mobile Devices and Smart TV
- Intel: Atom Processor D2700
- Intel: Atom Processor D510
- Marvell: Marvell 88F6281 SoC with Sheeva Technology
- Maximum MTU doesn’t mean Best Performance
- Mozilla: Firefox
- MySQL: 22.214.171.124 Using Option Files
- Optimize Asustor ADM for ZurmoCRM
- Perishable Press: Improve Site Performance by Increasing PHP Memory for WordPress
- PHP: Alternative PHP Cache
- PHP: OPcache
- PHP: PHP Manual: Appendices: php.ini directives
- PHP: PHP Manual: Appendices: php.ini directives: memory_limit
- PHP: PHP Manual: Function Reference: Other Services: Memcache
- Prerequisite Before you Install ZurmoCRM on Thecus NAS running ThecusOS 6
- QNAP QTS Configuration and Executable Files
- QNAP: App Center (QPKG)
- QNAP: TS-119PII
- QNAP: TS-269L
- QNAP: QTS
- Shuttle X50V2 Datasheet
- StackOverflow: Is the more the better for PHP memory_limit? [closed]
- Thecus: N2560
- TurnKey Linux
- TurnKey Linux: Zurmo
- TurnKey Linux Configuration and Executable Files
- WD: WD Red ( WD10EFRX)
- Wiki: Hyper-threading
- Wiki: Instruction set
- Wiki: Operating system
- Wiki: LAMP (software bundle)
- Wiki: List of PHP accelerators
- Wiki: Multi-core processor
- Wiki: PHP accelerator
- Wiki: Session (computer science)
- Wiki: Standard RAID levels: RAID 1
- Wiki: Thread (computing)
- Zurmo: Zurmo Cache System Explained