Here is a list of my favorite resource related to WordPress. It will be maintained and update regularly.
- Plugin: Advanced Menu Widget, Custom Widget Area, jQuery Mega Menu Widget, Len Slider, and WP UI.
- Plugin How-To: Play with shortcode
- Theme Collection
- Theme How-To: Customize Twenty Twelve
- Others: Topics worth pay attention
Advanced Menu Widget
List menu as navigator for easier browsing and selecting. You may customize its appearance by CSS. Child and Sibling Selectors explains child combinator, adjacent sibling combinator, and general sibling combinator very clearly if you need more control over markup structure.
Custom Widget Area
Create a [Header Widget Area] that you may drag-and-drop widgets on it.
After activation, you need to manually insert following code where you want it appear in theme files using Theme Editor or upload to replace existing file.
For example, if you want it appear between title and nav-bar in theme Twenty Thirteen , you need to insert these code just above <div id=”navbar” class=”navbar”> tag in header.php.
<?php if (!function_exists('dynamic_sidebar') || !dynamic_sidebar('Header Widget Area')) : endif; ?>
Here are some related resource:
Explain how to enable and add a custom widget area by code.
jQuery Mega Menu Widget
It is a beautiful drop down menu that you may customized for multi-column and multi-layer menu items by editing the skin files.
Here are some related resource:
It is a beautiful plugin to display post or pages or manually assigned hyper-link. You may customized appearance by replacing or adding your new skins. No need to modify JavaScrip files.
Here are some related resource if you want to customize appearance:
Provide many useful UI components you might need to use in posts and pages. I like to use Tabs to compress the length of my post and make it easier to read. Kavin creates a good post explaining how to use these shortcodes.
Play with shortcode
When you need to use shortcode to display a plugin but not in a page or post, inset following code in theme or other php files.
<?php echo do_shortcode($full_shortcode); ?>
I like Parallax, Flat, and Agency on Themify.me because of the responsive and story-telling style on the front page. 優異網站架設教學網：為什麼選擇Themify has a great post about why he preferred Themify.me than others in Traditional Chinese.
Customize Twenty Twelve
Zeak has written many useful tutorials about how to customize WordPress Theme: Twenty Twelve. It is a good idea to focus on one theme to learn how to customize your-self.
Optimization and Security
Amit Agarwal wrote a good post about optimization and security tips. I recommend to use it as a checklist before you launch your site to public.
- Colorlabs & Company: How to Create a Simple Widget on WordPress
- CSS-Tricks: Child and Sibling Selectors
- Design Chemical: Demo – WordPress jQuery Mega Menu Plugin
- Digital Inspiration: Things You Should Do After Installing WordPress
- Kavin: WP UI – WordPress Tabs, Accordions, spoilers plugin
- LenSlider support forum: vania_fit questions
- Themify.me: Agency
- Themify.me: Flat
- Themify.me: Parallax
- Themify.me: WordPress Themes
- TripWire Magazine: 20+ Great 3 Column WordPress Theme Collection
- WordPress Plugin: Custom Widget Area
- WordPress Plugin: jQuery Mega Menu Widget
- WordPress Plugin: WP UI – Tabs, Accordions, Sliders
- WordPress Theme: Twenty Twelve
- WordPress.org Forums: How to get short code using plugin to work on my sites mega menu?
- WordPress.org Forums: JQuery Mega Menu Widget: [resolved] how to add custom php shortcode to header.php
- WordPress.org Forums: Len Slider: [resolved] Trouble creating custom skin (4 posts)
- WP READS: How to Create a widget area in wordpress theme
- wpmudev: How to Create a WordPress Widget: 4 Killer Tutorials You Should Read
- Zeaks Blog
- Zeaks Blog: Tutorials
- 免費資源網路社群：安裝 WordPress 後你應該做的 25 件事