It is a file sharing protocol.
It provides server control. You may make shared folders public or specific host name or IP.
Enable NFS Service and Access on QNAP TS-112
On TS-112, you may enable it in [Control Panel]→[Network Services]→[Win/Mac/NFS]→[NFS Service].
Server control is in [Control Panel]→[Privileges Settings]→[Shared Folders]. Assigned to host of IP in [Action]→[Access Permissions] by [NFS host access].
Server control is in [Control Panel]→[Privileges Settings]→[Shared Folders]. Use the [Access Permissions] icon next to the folder name to manage [NFS host access] in [Select permission type].
Access NFS Services from Computer
On my desktop computer, I use [NFS Client] in YaST for connection. Nautilus doesn’t support it without NFS-LAN extension. You need to [Add] a NFS Server in [NFS Shares] tab manually. If it fails display [Remote Directory] by clicking on [Select] after you provide the IP in [NFS Server Hostname], close the dialog and try again. Remember to [Open Port in Firewall] in [NFS Settings] tab or it might be blocked.
You may also use Linux command showmount -e [NAS IP] to explore shared folders.
You may also use command line to mount and unmount as below:
#sudo /sbin/mount.nft [NAS IP]:/[NFS shared folder] /[local mount point] -v #sudo umount [local mount point]
- Lenovo: ThinkCentre Edge 72z
- QNAP: TS-112
- Wiki: Oracle VDI
- Connect NAS to your Computer Directly
- LFTP for NAS with FTP Server
- FreeFileSync for Internal or External Device
- RedHat: Customer Portal: Support: 10.3. Using the Cache With NFS
- PCMagazine: Definition of:block level
- ExpertReview: Synology DiskStation DS213j review
- StorageReview: Synology DiskStation DS214se Review
- Ars OpenForum: file copy speed vs FTP
- Stephen Yeong’s Blog: Samba 50MB per second limit?
- reddit: NFS vs iSCSI, fight! (your thoughts on performance)
- superuser: AFP, SMB, NFS which is the best data transfer protocol?
- Apple Support Communities: iSCSI, AFP, SMB, and NFS performance with Mac OS X 10.5.5 clients
- AskUbuntu: Which to use NFS or Samba?
- QNAP Forum: VPN Centre + proxy Server
- QNAP Forum: TS-212 SMB速度疑問
- QNAP: TS-112
- [H]ard|Forum: SSD to NAS file transfer over gigabit – why only 30MB/s?
- QNAP Turbo NAS User Manual: NAS Maintenance Settings: System Restart/Shutdown
- Wiki: File Transfer Protocol
- nixCraft: Linux / Unix: lftp Command Mirror Files and Directories
- MetaLinux: lftp: backup and mirroring
- Wiki: Samba (software)
- Wiki: Server Message Block
- Wiki: Nautilus (file manager)
- QNAP Forum: Windows 8
- ServerFault: SMB claimed to be “slow”
- Wiki: iSCSI
- TechRepublic: When is it okay to allow multiple hosts to connect to a single iSCSI array?
- Wiki: iSCSI: Target
- QNAP: How to Configure iSCSI Advanced ACL on QNAP Turbo NAS
- Mobile01: [教學]利用Synology的NAS在Windows7下建立iSCSI磁碟機
- Wiki: YaST
- Wiki: Network File System
- GitHub: NFS-LAN
- nixCraft: Linux / Unix: Show Shares on NFS Server [ Shared Directories ]
- QNAP Forum: NSF4 Firmware 3.8.1
- Mobile01: 有關 NAS 所支援的 NFS 版本
- QNAP Community Wiki: Mounting NFS
- QNAP Turbo NAS User Manual: Network Services: NFS Service
- The Linux Information Project: The umount Command