In my previous post Online Storage with File Sync Client in Linux, I have install CopyAgent on OpenSuSE 12.3 x64 but fail to install the official app.
In OpenSuSE 13.1 x64, you may install copy-agent in terminal as:
* Above parameter start with two minus, not one.
But it is not done yet, keep reading.
Don’t install CopyAgent as su
If you switch to root by su then type the same command, CopyAgent will be installed as root and the default folder is /root/copy.
The good news is you may see the icons in the menu, and the bad is all files are owned by root, not user. You need to be root to access this folder.
I cannot use the [Move My Copy Folder] button in [Account] Tab of [Preferences] to my login user directory. It’s not a good idea to change the owner for the default directory, either.
Also, I have no ideas why these icons becomes available when I switch to root while they’re not available in normal login user. It must be file privilege but I am not sure which one.
Therefore, I suggest you to install with copy-agent-1.37.0546-1.1.x86_64.rpm or use following commands to install as in OpenSuSE 12.3. It should be the easiest way to use CopyAgent so far by now.
# zypper addrepo http://packman.inode.at/suse/12.3/ packman-x86_64 # zypper install copy-agent-gnome
TopIcons helps you to see the Icons in Button Panel
GNOME remove the button panel in the release with OpenSuSE 13.1. You may install GNOME Extension TopIcons to see them on top.
Please follow the steps to install TopIcons.
- Launch GNOME Tweaks Tool
- In the [Extensions] Tab, click on the [Get more extensions]. It will bring up the GNOME Extensions webpage.
- Search for TopIcons or type https://extensions.gnome.org/extension/495/topicons/ directly.
- On the left toggle button, click to switch on. The extension will be install to your local environment.
- Now you shall see the CopyAgent icon on top.
- Online Storage with File Sync Client in Linux
- Links2linux.org: copy-agent Package details
- Linux Package Search: copy-agent-gnome-1.37.0546-1.1.x86_64.rpm Install Howto
- GNOME: TopIcons
- 黑眼珠2: openSUSE 13.1 你可能想知道的事